About Erdie Industries
Built on Innovation
What separates Erdie from the pack is innovation. Company founder John Erdie worked for the Pillsbury Company and developed the Pillsbury dough can — a major innovation in food packaging. His son, John Stephen Erdie, and grandson, Jason Stephen Erdie, started Erdie Industries in 1983 in Lorain, Ohio. After years of steady growth, the business expanded rapidly beginning in the mid-2000s thanks to a total commitment to product innovation:
- In 2007, Erdie obtained a patent for the Twist-n-Pull® Mailing and Shipping Tube. Like many transformational designs, the concept of Twist-n-Pull® is surprisingly simple — yet solves a host of nagging packaging challenges. Learn more about this product.
- In 2013, Erdie obtained a patent for the Tri-Hex® Mailing and Shipping Tube. Again, a seemingly simple design innovation resulted in a product that overcomes complex packaging and shipping problems. Learn more about this product.
- In 2019, Erdie started work on the Alta® product line where various iterations have lead to the Alta® Box…Strong Packaging.
What’s Your Problem?
Erdie continues to have relentless focus on innovation. We believe innovation comes from listening to customers about their problems, and doing whatever it takes to solve them. What’s your packaging problem? Please contact us — we welcome an opportunity to brainstorm ideas.
Sustained Expansion in Size and Technology
The fruits of innovation: We have expanded to more than eight times our original size, and moved from a small-job shop to a high-speed production complex spanning two buildings. We have replaced our original equipment with the most advanced winding, cutting and printing equipment in the industry. Investments in high-speed, high-quality printing equipment have allowed us to print liner or wrap with the highest quality, full-color labeling.
Responsive, Innovative Customer Service
Although we have grown from a small family business to one of the largest independently owned paper tube and shipping supply companies in the country, we still place a priority on personal, responsive customer service.
- No request is too big, too small. Every one of your needs is important to us.
- We’ll go the extra mile to understand your application needs, and supply you with shipping and mailing tubes that are functionally superior and cost-efficient.